Have you ever heard someone say that they just don’t know if social media would work for their business? Seriously, it is the place to reach the most people if you know what you are doing or you work with an experienced social marketing manager.
- 4.9 billion users
- There are 3.499 billion active social platform users
- On average, people have 7.6 social accounts
- The average daily time spent on social is 142 minutes a day
- 91% of retail brands use 2 or more social media channels
- 81% of all small and medium businesses use some kind of social platform
- Social platform users grew by 202 million between April 2018 and April 2019.
- That works out at a new social media user every 6.4 seconds.
- Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp handle 60 billion messages a day
- When asked 81% of teenagers felt social media has a positive effect on their lives
Now those numbers may not mean much to you with your business but when you look at how it impacts businesses you will be astounded.
- Social networks earned an estimated $8.3 billion from advertising in 2015
- $74bn was spent on social network advertising in 2018
- 38% of organizations plan to spend more than 20% of their total advertising budgets on social media channels in 2015, up from 13% a year ago
- Only 20 Fortune 500 companies actually engage with their customers on Facebook, while 83% have a presence on Twitter
- People aged 55-64 are more than twice as likely to engage with branded content than those 28 or younger
- 96% of the people that discuss brands online do not follow those brands’ owned profiles
- 78 percent of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour
To see more up to date stats check out this site
That’s your fill of social media statistics for now, with just a tiny fraction of the weird and wonderful stats and facts available out there but you can easily see how overwhelming and important this method has become.