Consistence and persistence. Blog, post in Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+. Run ads and promotions which direct traffic to your site. Use keywords that apply to your business. There is no great shortcut for consistent and persistent work. I should know, I don’t spend enough time on my own site. I spend way more of it on my customers’ sites. I think I need to hire another social media/blogger to keep my site up to date!!.
Just kidding. My New Year’s Resolution is to get my act together on social-cindy.com! My birthday is this coming Sunday, and while New Years for most of the rest of the world is December 31st, for me it has always been September. I grew up in New England, and September is my birthday month. It’s the time of the year when the season changes with all sort of drama. The air smells cool and crisp when you wake up in the morning. As you drive up the highway, your experience a virtual riot of fall colors in the trees. It’s the time of year when you have to rake up those pesky dead leaves from all over your lawn.
Yet its’ also the time of year when you search for those two or three perfect leaves and press them between wax paper to make your first fall work of art. Where you make a giant pile of leaves with your friends and jump into them. Temporarily buried so that when that other friend comes by you can jump up and scare the bejeezuz out of them.
When I was a kid, my Mom didn’t drive, nor did we have a second car, so it was the time of year when I could once again hang out with the kids I knew from school. My Happy New Year!!
- Consistently and persistently post to my blog
- Consistently and persistently post to my Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+
- Study my market and get more proficient at targeting those potential customers who will actually value my work
- Learn new things about social media marketing so I can help myself and my customers
- Continue to educate people that a few one time ads and posts won’t hurt their business, but it won’t help all that much either
- Let people know that the more competition you have in your area of expertise, the harder you are going to have to work to stay on page one of the search engines.
Check back here next week, and see if I have some great tips to share with you about making your sebite pay for itself, and how to attract new customers!